Cupping is an Traditional Chinese Method to cause a local congestion. A partial vacuum is created in cups placed on the skin either by means of heat or suction, which draws up the underlying tissues. When the cup is left in place on the skin for a few minutes, blood stasis is formed and localized healing takes place.
As an ancient Chinese method of causing local congestion, cupping has been practiced for thousands of years for the treatment of diseases and pain. Cupping employs the localized use of negative pressure to reverse the centripetal pull of gravity. In other words, it uses gentle, controlled suction to open up muscle tissue and vastly increase local circulation of blood and fluids.Back To Top
Firstly, therapist will warm the cupping bowls specifically designed for cupping by using a cotton ball or other similar substance, which is soaked in alcohol.
Secondly, securely clamp a cotton ball into the hemostat. Dab the cotton ball with isopropyl alcohol.
Thirdly, light the cotton ball.
Fourthly, hold the cupping bowl in one hand, several inches above the skin, and place the lit cotton bowl in the opening to the bowl. Listen for the sound of the alcohol coating inside the cup burning.
Fifthly, Withdraw the cotton ball, and place the bowl opening against the skin. As the warmed air uses up the oxygen inside the bowl, a vacuum is created. The resulting suction causes the bowl to adhere to the skin as the air inside the cup cools. Repeat for each bowl, before extinguishing the cotton.
Sixthly, Leave the cups on the skin for 1 to 15 minutes. You may leave the bowls alone, or gently move them around.
Seventhly, Push your finger under the lip of a cup to remove it.Back To Top
- Cupping therapy has been further developed as a means to open the 'Meridians' of the body. The special meridians for kidney are the conduits in the body through which energy flows to kidneys and improve kidney functions.
- Cupping is the best deep tissue massage available. Cupping, the technique, is very useful and very safe and can be easily learned and incorporated into your kidney tissues improvement.
- Cupping Therapy gets rid of acidic toxic waste which accumulate in our bodies (blood stasis) as we grow older.Back To Top
There are 7 types of cupping such as:
1. Blood Cupping / Wet Cupping2. Wind Cupping / Dry Cupping
3. Magnetic Cupping
4. Acupuncture Cupping / Acu-Bekam
5. Cupping by Fire / Ancient Way
6. Cupping Massage
7. Cupping by Leeches
Cupping is relatively safe, with the help of experienced therapist. It may cause some swelling and bruising on the skin. These bruises are usually painless, however, and disappear within a few days of treatment.Back To Top
- Provide the following information to your therapist: signs and symptoms of disease; medical, social, occupational, and drug history; and full blood and urine report.
- If you are in the following conditions, the cupping should not be performed: Inflamed skin, easy-bleeding skin, cases of high fever or convulsions.
- Pregnant women should not have cupping on their stomach or lower back. If the cups are being moved, they should not cross bony areas, such as the ridges of the spine or the shoulder blades.Back To Top