Diabetic Nephropathy is a kidney problem which happens in people with Diabetes Mellitus. It is characterized by the following clinical syndrome:
- Elevated arterial blood pressure (see Workup)
- Persistent albuminuria (>300 mg/d or >200 μg/min) that is confirmed on at least 2 occasions 3-6 months apart
- Progressive decline in the glomerular filtration rate (GFR)
Kidneys worked to filter waste from blood by using numerous tiny blood vessels. High blood sugar will damage these vessels and the kidneys will lose the functions to do its job as well, later on. And when it cannot work well, it is called "Diabetic Nephropathy". Out of 100 people with diabetes, as many as 40 will get kidney damage.
If you have type 1 diabetes, get a urine test every year after you have had diabetes for 5 years.
If you have type 2 diabetes, start yearly testing at the time you are diagnosed with diabetes.
If your child has diabetes, yearly testing should begin when your child is 10 years old and has had diabetes for 5 years.
How to prevent diabetes nephropathy?
- Keep your blood sugar in your target range.
- Keep your blood pressure at a target of less than 130,80mmHg.
- Take medicine as directed.
- Keep a better lifestyle--staying at a healthy weight and exercising regularly.
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol level
- Native Americans, African Americans and Hispanics
The possible complications of Diabetic Nephropathy include:
- increased infections
- hypoglycemia (from decreased excretion of insulin)
- peritonitis (if peritoneal dialysis used)
- rapidly progressing chronic kidney failure
- severe hypertension
- coexistence of other diabetes complications
- end-stage kidney
- complications of kidney transplant
- complications of hemodialysis
At Kidney Service China, you are surrounded by nation's top physicians who are dedicated to finding the best treatment and all comprehensive supports and wellness service which aims to treat the whole person-not just the disease.
If you have been diagnosed with Diabetic Nephropathy, we're here to help. Call us: 8618330162295 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org(Monday through Sunday) to make an appointment. Or you can make a vedio consultation and get second opinion from live doctor!