FSGS is related to immune disorder. To manage this kidney problem, patients are often suggested to take steroids and immunosuppressants. These medicines weaken patients’ immune system easily, so they are at risk of infections which may be affected by climate changes. Then, patients should do something along with climate changes.
What should FSGS patients do when climate gets cold?
Just like other types of chronic kidney disease, any cold, fever or infection may induce the relapse or aggravation of FSGS kidney disease. In cold climate, FSGS patients should pay attention to keeping warm and prevent cold and fever. Then, they had better take the following managements.
- Drink more warm water
- Add clothes timely
- Eat more vegetables and fruits
- Take in enough high-quality protein like lean meat, milk, egg white and fish
- Take cold medications as soon as patients have cold
What should FSGS patients do when the climate becomes warm?
Low immune ability gives harmful substances such as bacteria and virus to attack the body, inducing some infections such as upper respiratory infections and urinary tract infections. Warm climate can bacteria and virus breed quickly and easily, so FSGS patients should make some modifications as the climate becomes warmer and warmer.
- Drink enough water to flush the body, if patients still have full kidney function
- Change clothes regularly and wash them timely
- Wash your hands before eating and after toilet
- Do moderate exercise regularly
- Eat more foods rich in vitamin C to boost immune system
- Reduce the times of going to public places
From the above analysis, we can know what FSGS patients should do along with climate changes. If patients want to manage these problems effectively, they should seek some therapies that can treat FSGS from the root.