Chinese Herbal Medicine a major part of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), which has been used in medicine field, since more than 3.000 years ago in Ancient China. Yet throughout its history it has continually developed in response to changing clinical conditions, and has been sustained by research into every aspect of its use.
Chinese herbal medicine is herbal therapy in which therapist uses natural herbs to deal with diseases and medical conditions. Herbal medicine are composed of root, branches, leaves, seeds, flowers, fruits etc. More than 3.000 different kinds of herbs can be used for medical problems in China. And among them, about 500 herbs are commonly used. Chinese herbs are prescribed to normalize imbalanced energy, or Qi , that runs through invisible meridians in the body and keep your health in balance.Back To Top
Chinese herbal medicine are taken by various forms. And The most common one is oral administration in which the prescribed herbs are boiled in the hot water. And patients are suggested to drink the herbal liquid. And other forms of Chinese herbal medicine include medicinal liquor, sticking-plaster, herbal tea, external application, medical food therapy etc.
Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy is a new designed external herbal medicine form which applies the special bag on your back skin to improve your kidney function.Back To Top
Chinese herbs become a new popular among kidney disease patients. It shows at least the following benefits for damaged kidneys.
- Repair damaged kidneys. Chinese herbal helps promote the blood circulation of blood vessels all over the body. Some special herbs help to deal with the damaged renal tiny blood vessels. With the renal blood circulation, the oxygen and blood will be carried to damaged kidney vessels and tissues, repairing the damaged kidneys and improve kidney function.
- Alleviate symptoms and complications. The aims of Chinese herbs always not only deal with the kidney damages itself, but also obtain a whole-body balance of your health. Patients usually find their symptoms, such as high blood pressure, fatigue, bad sleep and blood in urine etc, alleviated after herbal treatment. Besides, some herbs are good at killing infections. This is very helpful in kidney disease patients.
- Offset side effects of treatment. Before taking herbal medicine, your doctor will make a full diagnosis and prescribe a herbal formula on your own conditions. Some herbs are for kidney function improvement, some for symptoms alleviation and the rest are for dilating the side effects of herbs itself and other treatment that you are taking.Back To Top
Adverse reactions can occur with any form of medicine. In the case of Chinese herbal medicine these are rare. Chinese herbs takes no side effects, if they are prescribed correctly. Thereby, it is important to consult a experienced herbal practitioner and make a right diagnosis firstly.
Some herbs are bad for your kidneys and these herbs are called kidney-toxic ones, such as akebiaquinata, radix aconiti agrestis, leonurus, Aristolochia contorta etc. They should be avoided for patients with kidney disease.
Is it ok to buy Chinese herbal medicine from herbal store directly?
Although Chinese herbal medicine usually takes no side effects and relatively safe to most people. You are still suggested to get suggestions from a certified herbalist firstly.
Why your doctor usually prescribe a combination of herbs more than individual one?
Each herb has each different effects on your health. A single herb might address only one aspect of a person's imbalance, but a formula can be tailored to address the full range of the imbalance on a constitutional level.Back To Top
- You are suggested to make some specif changes in your diet when you are taking herbal medicine. No spicy food, no alcohol is good.
- If you are pregnant, you should have a further consult with your therapist firstly for some strong herbs have very powerful effects.
- It is always a good idea to get advice from a herbalist before you take Chinese herbs.Back To Top