Dating back 3.000 years, massage has been recorded in Chinese ancient books. Massage has been used for various aliments in the very beginning of ancient world. Now, the benefits of massage are varied and far-reaching. It is reported to be helpful for low back pain, bursitis, fatigue, high blood pressure, diabetes, infertility, weigh-lose, kidney problems and other chronic conditions. And it especially helps relieve stress from working and daily life.
Massage is a application of soft-tissue manipulation techniques to the body. Usually, doctors use it to alleviate improve circulation and make you get rid of pain, stress, fatigue etc
Massage has various types. These types range from long, smooth strokes to short, percussive strokes. And the styles which are used in treating disease are called medical therapy. It is result oriented and the therapy is specifically directed to resolve conditions that have been diagnosed and prescribed by a Physician.
The therapist may use a variety of modalities or procedures during the treatment, but will focus the Medical Massage treatment only on the areas of the body related to the diagnosis and prescription.
Some massage therapists use oils and lotions; others do not. A massage can last anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours.Back To Top
Massage cannot work as a "professional" treatment for kidney disease, but it can be a very necessary supplement. Its benefits for managing kidney disease usually help deal with the symptoms of the disease.
- Improve renal circulation. When your kidneys are damaged, surely some of the renal blood circulation are not smooth. Experts may find the scarring or fibrosis in kidney failure patients. Circulation improvement will help offer the damaged kidney tissues enough oxygen and blood, so that improve the function of the damaged kidney parts.
- Alleviate back pain of kidney disease. Back pain, flank pain and stomach pain are very familiar for kidney disease patients. Massage is one of the best choices for pain-sufferers. Massage can decrease tension in the muscles and it makes the body increases the endorphin levels and this can help reduce pain and speed recovery.
- Manage bad mood activity. Some kidney disease patients will usually lose their temperament. Massage can increase flexibility and rang of motion by reducing hypertonicity and hypotonicity the muscles allow for normal ranges of motion to be restored.
- Enhance immunity. Most kidney diseases have a relation with poor immunity. Massage can stimulate lymph flow--the body's natural defense system to enhance the immunity.
--Alleviate the ailment symptoms. Massage helps deal with other ailments that usually occur in kidney disease patients: Decreased anxiety; Enhanced sleep quality;
Greater energy; Improved concentration; Increased circulation and Reduced fatigue etc.Back To Top
Whether your feel hurt or not depends on the techniques used. Massage is used to work out the deep knots and get the muscles and fascia in better condition. Usually, if you feel pain, it indicates that muscle are way to tight. But, the pain is not unbearable. And you also can ask your therapist to use less strength, when your feel painful. Relaxing will be always helpful. And a light oil or lotion is used to allow your muscles to be massaged without causing excessive friction to the skin. In addition, a hot bath will help a lot.Back To Top
Anytime. Massage works wonders as preventive or supplementary treatment for person's body and mind. And you never need to wait until you are very tired or your kidney disease symptoms are very severe.Back To Top
You can choose wear or no wear during the treatment. It depends on what will make you feel comfortable. And when you choose to wear nothing or only underwear, your massage doctor will cover you with a sheet or blanket all times.Back To Top
It depends on the massage types you choose. Usually, a full-body massage takes about 1 hour. Partial massage may last 30~40minutes. And some people choose a 60-to 90-minutes session for optimal relaxation.Back To Top
- Tell your practitioner about any major surgeries or injuries you've had, in your entire life.
- Shower before your session. It's common courtesy, and it makes the experience better for everyone.
- Speak up if something isn't right. Speak up if something isn't right. Your massage shouldn't be something you have to endure; it should be something you enjoy!
- You are not suggested to take massage, if you have a contagious.
- You should not take massage, if you've had alcohol or drugs in the past 24 hours.