Medicated bath have its own unique curative effect to kidney diseases, which is attached much importance by the medical field. It is for thousands of years that medicated bath have been used for treatment in china. It is recorded that medicated bath was started since Zhou dynasty which is one of Chinese dynasties between B.C. 1046 to B.C. 771. Through thousands of years' experience, many recipes for medicated bath have been handed down in china.
Medicated Bath is a natural theory in which steam or direct bath will ta obvious of functions in blood circulations or disease curing by boiling or heating different Chinese Herbal Medicines.Back To Top
First, the nurses should make sure you are not too full or starved before the medicated bath. Besides, they also will check whether you are suitable to have medicated bath.
Second, the nurses give you ultrasonic therapy before your medicated bath. They use the ultrasonic probe to massage the kidney range on your back for 10 minutes.
Third, nurses dilute the prepared concentrated Chinese herbs decoction which is produced by our own pharmaceutical factory. Then soak your body in the medicated fluid for 40 minutes, which makes you sweat much. Nurses will serve nearby and provide herbs tea to add water for your body.
The medicated fluid should be kept between 37℃ to 39℃ during all the time of bathing. If you have dizzy, allergy or other adverse symptoms, you should told nurse timely and stop bathing immediately.
Fourth, you are not permitted to go to your ward immediately after finishing the medicated bath, for you may catch cold otherwise. You should stay in the bathroom for two hours of sleep.
Fifth, before you go to ward, the nurses will tell you the tips after medicated bath, such as no cold or flu, no cold food and drink, enough sleep, keeping warm and so on.
Sixth, one course of treatment of medicated bath contains 4-5 times and you had better to have medicated bath every 3 or 4 days for a better curative effect.Back To Top
1. Through the skin the ingredients of herbs can be absorbed into blood, tissues and organs. Thereby medicated bath can regulate the body tissues by the absorption of skin so as to increase the body's immunity.
2. Many herbs in the recipes mainly dilate blood vessels and accelerate the microcirculation in order to bring the ingredients which are effective to renal diseases to kidneys directly.
3. Mediated bath is very effective for the patients who have diabetic nephropathy, nephritis, renal failure, ESRD, hyperuricemia, rheumatic disease, Allergic skin, dry skin, purpura, lupus, Nephrotic syndrome, IgA nephropathy etc.
4. Mediated bath enable patients with kidney diseases to have much sweat in order to discharge more toxic substances from the body, which is what most patients want and need.Back To Top
- The temperature of medicated water should not too high or too cold, otherwise, it may hurt the skin. Usually, the stand temperature is among 37℃~39℃.
- Don't be hungry or full before the treatment. If you happen to one of them, you are suggested to avoid medicated bath. Bathing with empty stomach, patient appears to have hypoglycemia, prostration and even faint. And, being too full when bathing, you may feel discomfort in gastrointestinal area due to hot water stimulation to local blood vessels. At the same time, it may decrease the secretion of gastric acid, which declines digestive function, thus affecting food absorption.
- Keep warm during and after medicated bath, avoiding flu and cold.
- For elderly patients, they are suggested to be fellowed by companions during the treatment and the duration of medicated bath should not be too long.
1. patients who have a too high blood pressure
2. Patients who always have much more sweat than normal people when in a hot weather or environment
3. patients who have wounds
4. patients with a serious heart disease
5. patients who are allergic to medicated bath